CARE OF ART - SHIPPING & RETURNS
ORIGINAL OIL PAINTINGS & GICLÉES
CARE OF ORIGINALS
Canvas and oil paints are remarkably durable. Each painting is created with oil paints on a surface primed in acrylic gesso, a surface that has proven stable and protective over many decades since its invention. Original oil paintings can last hundreds of years if you protect them from 3 things:
1. Moisture - Don't hang this where the canvas can become damp and grow mold; it will cause the fabric to decay and crumble eventually.
2. Light - Ambient daylight is fine, but it is wise to avoid constant sunlight striking the painting, because all pigments on any surface will fade under such duress.
3. Pressure (or scrapes) on surface - Pressing against the painting, or leaning objects against it, can stress paint and/or varnish so that the surface cracks or chips, either now or in the future. You'll see this effect in antique paintings. I take great care to protect the surface in storage and transport, so the rest is up to you. Pressure can also cause the canvas to bulge where it was pressed.
Textured paint may collect dust over time. Use a light touch with something like a feather duster. Do not use cleaners, as they may damage the surface.
CARE OF GICLÉE REPRODUCTIONS
A Giclée is a modern digital canvas print which is then stretched like a painting. As such, the image longevity is yet unknown. In addition to above Moisture and Pressure concerns, the surface inks are more likely to fade quickly when exposed to constant sunlight. These inks are also sensitive to any liquid.
SHIPPING - ORIGINAL PAINTINGS & GICLÉE REPRODUCTIONS
The shopping cart will charge a shipping estimate based on painting price-- actual shipping could be lower (if your paintings are small) or much higher (if they are large). When I receive the order, I can research and communicate your shipping options so that we can adjust your fees. Cost varies by destination as well as the size /weight of artwork with or without frame. We seek for the best possible cost for safe delivery of artwork.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - You may need to select "Local Delivery" and confer with me to determine actual shipping costs, which I will invoice separately. Be apprised your country may also charge you duty tax based on the art price.
Free delivery by the artist or their agent is available within 60-mile radius of St. Augustine, FL.
RETURNS I have never had a piece of artwork returned to me for a refund. If you find that the artwork is not what you expected, please contact me to discuss whether it needs modification, exchange or return. I will do my best to work with you. Return shipping must be packaged professionally (eg UPS Pack n Ship service) and insured and shipped at buyer's expense.
LIMITED EDITION FINE ART PRINTS
These limited edition prints are produced on acid-free, archival, hot press fine art paper. They will years if you protect them from 3 things:
1. Moisture - Don't hang this where the paper can become damp and grow mold; it will cause the paper to decay and the print to run or fade.
2. Light - Ambient daylight is fine, but avoid constant or harsh light striking the print, because all pigments on any surface will fade under such duress. Since these prints are produced with modern digital inks, they will likely fade quicker than paint itself would.
3. Frame your print under glass or archival plexi, using acid-free materials for any matting or backing to optimize its life.
Tube shipping is $16 within USA; I estimate $28 to UK or Ireland; contact artist for other destinations. Prints ship unmatted and unframed. Estimate as of 12/2019. Be apprised your country may also charge you duty tax based on the art price.
If product arrives damaged or is not as expected, please contact to arrange replacement or return/refund/credit. Return shipping for undamaged print for refund is at buyer's expense; print must arrive in saleable condition in protective mailtube encased in plastic as you received it.